Email messages that include a social media sharing option generate a 30% higher click-through rate (CTR) than those without sharing options—and messages with three or more sharing options generate a 55% higher CTR, according to a study by GetResponse.
Among email messages studied (those sent via the GetResponse email marketing platform), emails with one sharing icon returned on average an 8.7% CTR, while messages with 3+ social sharing icons generated 11.2%.
Below, other findings from Email Marketing and Social Media Integration Report, which studied 500 million emails sent by small and medium-sized business (SMB) and small office and home office (SOHO) businesses via the GetResponse email marketing platform.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Top Email Design Trends of 2019 [Infographic]
- How to Keep Your Email Marketing Strategy Relevant to Millennials
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes