Email messages that include a social media sharing option generate a 30% higher click-through rate (CTR) than those without sharing options—and messages with three or more sharing options generate a 55% higher CTR, according to a study by GetResponse.
Among email messages studied (those sent via the GetResponse email marketing platform), emails with one sharing icon returned on average an 8.7% CTR, while messages with 3+ social sharing icons generated 11.2%.
Below, other findings from Email Marketing and Social Media Integration Report, which studied 500 million emails sent by small and medium-sized business (SMB) and small office and home office (SOHO) businesses via the GetResponse email marketing platform.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond