Tentative growth in the US advertising market has begun to propel the global ad recovery, prompting a revised forecast of global ad expenditure, now projected to grow 3.5% in 2010, up from the 2.2% forecast in April, 2010, according to projections by ZenithOptimedia.
Ad spending in North America is now forecast to grow 1.3% in 2010, up 2.8 points from the -1.5% forecast in April.
Global ad spending projections for the next two years have also been upgraded, though less dramatically: 4.5% annual growth is now forecast for 2011, up from the 4.1% forecast in April, and 5.3% growth is forecast for 2012, the same level forecast three months earlier.
Below, additional projections issued by ZenithOptimedia.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 50+ Retargeting Statistics Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Boost Your YouTube Strategy With Bumper Ads [Infographic]
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]