Mobile campaigns continue to be a powerful ad channel for marketers, outperforming online advertising by roughly three times across a variety of metrics, including ad awareness, message association, and purchase intent, according to a study by InsightExpress.
Benchmarked against performance norms developed for online advertising, the norms of mobile campaigns conducted from Feb. 2007 to Dec. 2010 were 2.6 times higher than online in unaided awareness, 2.0 times higher in aided awareness, and 2.7 times higher in brand favorability.
Despite mobile's clear lead, however, the gap between the two media channels has narrowed. For example, the norms of mobile campaigns conducted from Nov. 2007 to Dec. 2009 were 6.0 times higher than online in purchase intent, 4.5 times higher in unaided awareness, 4.7 times higher in message association, and 5.0 times higher in brand favorability.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media