US direct and digital advertising expenditures are forecast to reach $163.9 billion in 2011, up 6.2% from 2010 levels, according to a report from the Winterberry Group. Of that total, digital spending is expected to reach $31.6 billion, up 14.0% from the previous year.
Within digital, social media ad spend is expected to increase more than 35%.
Among other high-growth areas, insert-media spending is forecast to increase 9.1% in 2011, to $0.9 billion, followed by direct-response broadcast, projected to grow 7.6%, to $25.4 billion.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads