Some 13.36% of email message opens occur via mobile device with the iPhone comprising more than 65% of that activity on average, according to a study from Knotice, which also finds that mobile email open levels are highest in the early-morning hours but vary dramatically by industry.
In email campaigns conducted in the fourth quarter of 2010, the average share of email opens occurring on the iPhone or iPod Touch was 8.74%. The iPad ranked second with 2.00%, followed by Android devices (1.92%).
BlackBerry devices ranked a low 0.15%, likely a result of the default text-only email rendering the smartphone is known for. As with traditional email open reporting, mobile opens are recorded when images are downloaded, so viewing text-only email may mask true interaction levels.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]
- Five Simple Programmatic Strategies to Drive More Leads
- Advertising During the COVID-19 Outbreak: What Audiences Want
- Going Beyond Google to Gain New Customers With Search Advertising