More than 70 million US mobile users—roughly 30% of all mobile subscribers—accessed email via mobile device as of November 2010, up 36% from the 51.6 million who did so a year earlier, according to comScore Media Metrix. Meanwhile, fewer visited Web-based email destinations during the period, and spent less time on such sites when doing so.
Moreover, some 43.5 million mobile users accessed email via mobile on a nearly daily basis as of November, up 40% from the 31.2 million who did so in the same period a year earlier.
Below, other findings from comScore's report on mobile and Web-based email use, comparing three-month averages ended Nov 2010 with those ended Nov 2009.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?