Celebrities can be valuable to advertisers, but so too can the people who follow them on social media sites: 64% of US adults who follow a celebrity also follow a brand, according to a survey from The Nielsen Company.
Celebrity fans and followers are more likely to offer advice and opinion to fellow online consumers, particularly on entertainment topics. For example, 32% of adult fans of celebrities online frequently provide advice on movies, and such fans are 44% more likely to do so than online adults on average.
Some 28% of adult fans of celebrities offer opinions on music, and they are 56% more likely to do so than online adults on average. Similarly, 28% offer guidance on TV programs (34% more likely to do so).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]