Celebrities can be valuable to advertisers, but so too can the people who follow them on social media sites: 64% of US adults who follow a celebrity also follow a brand, according to a survey from The Nielsen Company.
Celebrity fans and followers are more likely to offer advice and opinion to fellow online consumers, particularly on entertainment topics. For example, 32% of adult fans of celebrities online frequently provide advice on movies, and such fans are 44% more likely to do so than online adults on average.
Some 28% of adult fans of celebrities offer opinions on music, and they are 56% more likely to do so than online adults on average. Similarly, 28% offer guidance on TV programs (34% more likely to do so).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy
- The Influence of Instagram [Infographic]
- Social Selling for LinkedIn: Seven Practical Tips [Infographic]
- The Complete Guide to Reddit Marketing