Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How B2B Marketers Are Embracing Brand as the Top Driver of GrowthJulia CupmanWhat are B2B marketers' priorities for growth? Branding, followed by innovation and customer satisfaction. The good news? Budgets and optimism are up. The bad news? Challenges still exist.
Top 10 Typography Trends of 2018 [Infographic]Laura ForerTypography can be a fun and functional way to showcase your brand. Check out this graphic for 10 inspiring font and typeface ideas and trends you can explore this year.
Creative Trends We'll Be Seeing More of in 2018 [Infographic]Laura ForerGive your eyes a treat and find design inspiration with this visual guide to current creative trends.
Before Building Brand Awareness, You Need to Assess Brand Value. Here's How to Do Both.Dara TresederImagine you're tasked with planning a trip. Now imagine trying to do that without knowing the trip's starting point... Tough, right? It's the same with a brand-awareness campaign. You won't ...
The Four Most Compelling Design Trends for 2018Pamela WebberDesign trends are often the result of shifts in technology, pop culture, and the political climate, and they often point to larger cultural shifts. Here are four of the most ...
101 Fascinating Facts About Domain Names [Infographic]Laura ForerNearly 332 million domain names were registered in the second quarter of 2017 alone, according to today's infographic, which explores the history of domains, resources for maintaining them, and ways ...
Three Mad-Scientist Marketing Methods to Ignite Business GrowthTom ShapiroHere are three effective ways you can use lateral thinking to reinvent your marketing and unlock new revenue growth for your business.
Three Takeaways for Marketers From the Repositioning of Brand Taylor SwiftKatie L. FettingMany of us in marketing recognize that Taylor Swift is a cunning, calculated positioning savant, and the new, edgy, and angry Taylor is nothing but a brand refresh. Here are ...
The 15 Brand Logos That Appear Most Often on Instagram and Twitter PostsAyaz NanjiThe logos of McDonald's and Nike appear most often in images posted on Instagram and Twitter, according to recent research from Brandwatch.
The Most Popular Colors in Business and What They Say About a Brand [Infographic]Laura ForerSelecting brand colors can be daunting: Should you go for an eye-catching red or a trustworthy blue? Today's graphic provides insights into how different colors make us feel and which ...
Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Become a Merchandising Rock Star: Andrea Syverson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBranding and merchandising expert Andrea Syverson explains how brands can become merchandising rock stars, how B2B and B2C brands alike can use merchandising to address customer pain points, and how "verbifying" your brand can help you to focus your marketing ...
Your Brand in Three Notes: David Meerman Scott and Juanito Pascual Talk Sonic Branding on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and marketing expert David Meerman Scott and musician Juanito Pascual, co-founders of sonic branding studio Signature Tones, discuss how a "sonic logo" and custom music can help you connect with your audience.
Revitalizing a 150-Year-Old Brand: Simon Perkins of The Orvis Company on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSimon Perkins, director of brand marketing at The Orvis Company, tells the story of how the oldest mail-order retailer in the United States evolved into an international outdoor lifestyle retailer with more than $340 million in annual sales.
Enterprise Branding, Corporate Missions, and Women in Leadership: Alicia Tillman and Lisa Skeete Tatum Talk to Marketing Smarts at SAP Ariba LIVE [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAlicia Tillman, chief marketing officer of SAP Ariba, and Lisa Skeete Tatum, co-founder and chief executive officer of Landit, discuss enterprise branding, the importance of embracing a corporate mission, and women in leadership positions.
Solve the Mystery of Why People Buy: 'Brand Seduction' Author Weber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBranding consultant and former Global Director of Creative Strategy at Coca-Cola Daryl Weber shares insights from his book, Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands, and offers tips on how to forge emotional connections with your audience.
How to Become Hyper-Relevant—Build a 'Free Range' Brand: Nicole Ertas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMany once-dominant brands find it tough to stay relevant today. Brand strategist Nicole Ertas offers tips for building a "free range" brand that reaches various types of buyers. She also discusses new buyer archetypes and how to appeal to each ...
'Name That Brand': Naming Expert Mike Pile on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA brand's name can make or break a business. Naming expert Mike Pile of Uppercase Branding shares his secrets for winning the high-stakes name game.
Mastering 'The Physics of Brand': Dan Wallace, Aaron Keller, and Renee Marino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe co-authors of The Physics of Brand share insights from the book on building a valuable brand. Authors and marketing experts Dan Wallace, Aaron Keller, and Renee Marino discuss who drives the majority of buying decisions, how you can connect ...
Brand Engagement for B2B: Avenue CEO Bob Domenz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAvenue CEO Bob Domenz discusses brand activation and engagement for B2B organizations.
How to Pull Off a B2B Rebrand While Growing Sales and Fighting Slavery: CMO Alicia Tillman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSAP Ariba CMO Alicia Tillman discusses the company's rebranding campaign and commitment to ending forced labor throughout the supply chain, and how B2B buyers and B2C buyers are not so different.
Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital AgeBroadcast on 3/30/2017 with Mark W. SchaeferIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets to professionally standing out based on acclaimed author and speaker Mark Schaefer's new book, KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age. You'll learn how to approach your Web presence so you can create the proper authority, reputation, and audience to realize your potential and achieve your goals, whatever they might be.
- What's in It for Me? How to Create a Customer-Centric Product MessageBroadcast on 2/9/2017 with Lawson AbinantiIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the two most important factors in developing a compelling message strategy for your product or company—the uniqueness of your offer and whether it solves your target audience's most pressing problem. You'll walk away with an action plan that will connect your message with your customer every time.
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
- Amplify Your Marketing With Brand MetaphorsBroadcast on 3/17/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to amplify your marketing using brand metaphors. We'll walk you through seven archetypal metaphors that span across countries, cultures, languages, and dialects. You'll also learn a step-by-step process to discovering your ideal brand metaphor and how to use it to engage and persuade your audience.
- Words That Stick: How to Make Your Brand GoogleableBroadcast on 8/6/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain why you need simple clarity, how to achieve it, and most importantly, how to apply it to your brand to boost sales. You'll learn how to succinctly describe what makes your brand unique, and give your brand credibility by speaking about it with authority.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
Branding: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: DIY Public Relations in 15 Minutes a DayReleased on 7/8/2016 with Tom GimbelIn just 10 minutes, we'll share actionable public relations tactics to grow your brand. We'll teach you how to identify reporters and outlets that cover your area of expertise, along with how to introduce and position your company or spokesperson as the go-to source for reporters. You leave with tools and resources to secure media coverage—without relying on outside help.
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.