In an environment saturated with new and evolving media platforms, TV is still king: 71% of Americans rate watching TV on any device among their favorite media activities, according to Deloitte's annual survey on technology and media.
Meanwhile, the use of smartphones and social networking continues to increase as consumers turn to the social Web to help them shop.
TV viewing varies by generation, with older adults the most enthusiastic, according to Deloitte's State of the Media Democracy study:
- Boomers (now age 45-66) and Matures (now age 64-75) prefer TV at higher levels than the general population, 81% and 76%, respectively.
- Younger generations such as Trailing Millennials (now age 14-21) and Leading Millennials (now age 22-27) rely less on TV, 59% and 62%, respectively.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels