Twitter's recent announcement to launch its own photo- and video-sharing service may impact the role of established, third-party, image-hosting services that now enable some 2.1 million tweets linked to images each day, according to a study by Sysomos.
On May 30, 2011, 14.9% of all tweets registered contained a Web link and 1.25% of all tweets contained an image link via a third-party photo-sharing service.
With Twitter generating roughly 170 million tweets daily, according to Sysomos, that translates to 2.125 million tweets each day that link to pictures via third-party services.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement