Twitter: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
From Making Headlines to Sustaining Engagement: What Donald Trump Can Learn From MarketersLaura BreslawAs he moves from provocateur to President, what can Donald Trump learn from marketers about how to build relationships, grow influence, and sustain engagement? He might consider these four marketing-tested ...
#SocialSkim: Why LinkedIn Just Lost 6 Million Users, Twitter’s Plans to Shift Course: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week: LinkedIn's fight with the Kremlin; Twitter distances itself from... social media; Snapchat builds lead-gen ad capability; the ultimate LinkedIn cheat sheet; social's role in hot B2B trends; Zuckerberg’s ...
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's Latest Changes, How Social Will Change in 2017: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSkim for a fresh start in 2017: all the LinkedIn changes marketers need to know; Twitter's cry for help, and its launch of 360-degree live video; consumers' concerns about social ...
#SocialSkim: Messenger's Major Overhaul; Broken Social Metrics; Instagram's Milestone: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook turns Messenger into Snapchat, takes on Skype with group video chat; Facebook's failing metrics; Twitter resuscitates Vine, kills lead-gen ads; Instagram's user milestone; top 2017 social media trends; much ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook vs. Netflix; Instagram Live Video; Twitter Livestreaming: 12 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook mulls original video content, offers 360-degree live video, admits more metrics errors; Instagram allows livestreaming. Also, grow email lists with YouTube ads, boost Web traffic with Pinterest, and more...
Spanning the Decades: How to Market to Each Generation on Social Media [Infographic]Laura ForerEvery generation is on social media, but each one uses the platforms differently. How can you market to each group most effectively?
The Top 20 Digital Marketing InfluencersAyaz NanjiWho reaches the most digital marketers on social media? Which influencers have the biggest impact on digital marketing discussions in the United States?
#SocialSkim: Facebook Grapples With Snapchat, Conferences You Shouldn't Miss: 12 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook takes on fake news and Snapchat; Google makes itself searchable via emojis... on Twitter; regulators OK Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition; Twitter Moments now on mobile; conferences you shouldn't miss in ...
The State of Social Media in 2016: Platform and Usage TrendsAyaz NanjiFacebook remains the most popular social network with adults in the United States, according to recent research from the Pew Research Center.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Sets Sights on LinkedIn, Trials TV Ads (Kinda): 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook steps on LinkedIn's turf with a job-posting feature and begins to trial selling ads on TV screens; hope for Viners as Twitter considers selling it; Facebook revives gaming hopes ...
Twitter: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Why Real-Time Data Is Not Fast Enough Anymore: Tim Hayden of Zignal Labs on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneZignal Labs Vice-President of Marketing Tim Hayden discusses data-driven marketing and split-second analytics, and why email and Twitter are very much alive.
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
Making the Case for Google+: Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGuy Kawasaki loves Google+ so much, he wrote a book about it: What the Plus! Since I've been rather slow to get on the Google+ bus, I invited Guy to Marketing Smarts to talk about why I should give it ...
Twitter: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Age of Disruption: Everything Has Changed and Nothing Is DifferentBroadcast on 1/5/2017 with Scott StrattenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you what's real and what's not in the business world today. You'll leave with an understanding of how the millennial generation will affect your business, why social media is not an ideal sales and marketing tool, and how your market forms buying decisions.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- Social Media Slowpokes: It’s Not too Late to Connect with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 6/24/2010 with Paul ChaneyHaven't had the time, resources, or guts to get into social media? Your customers aren't waiting around for you to show up. Learn some simple steps you can take to start connecting with them.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Tales from Twitterville: How Small Shops and Global Giants are Putting Twitter to WorkBroadcast on 4/8/2010 with Shel IsraelCome hear real stories of how businesses have used Twitter to increase sales, avoid PR disasters and so much more. You'll see the power of Twitter and learn new ways to use this tool for marketing, customer service and simply engaging with your customers.
- Kicking Butt with Twitter: Guy Kawasaki's Marketing Tips and ToolsBroadcast on 10/15/2009 with Guy Kawasaki, Ann HandleySee how Guy and other notables successfully stretch Twitter's limits to engage with people and drive business their way.
- The Art Of Social Media: It's All About The RelationshipsBroadcast on 7/16/2009 with Charlene LiKicking off our summer series on Social Media, Groundswell co-author Charlene Li explains the art and science of using Social Media to support your marketing goals.
- Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a TimeBroadcast on 7/2/2009 with Joel CommTwitter, tweets, tweeps and peeps. It's all over the media right now, but can you really use Twitter to win customers? Yes. Yes, you can.
- Bam! A Recipe to Add Social Media to your Marketing MixBroadcast on 2/5/2009 with Sandy CarterHow does social media fit in with your overall marketing strategy and business goals? What results are you looking to achieve? Get an IBM insider's take on how to fuse the right Web 2.0 tools with traditional marketing practices.
Twitter: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Host a Successful Twitter ChatReleased on 7/8/2011 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn this Take 10, Verónica Maria Jarski takes you through the eight essential ingredients of a rockin' good Twitter chat.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: How to Build a Twitter Following in a WeekReleased on 8/20/2010 with Megan LeapIn just 10 minutes, learn proven techniques to significantly grow your Twitter following in less than a week. Whether you want to grow a personal or business Twitter account, this webcast is packed with everything you need to know to dramatically increase your Twitter reach.
Twitter: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 43-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.