Marketing professionals have mixed opinions on the state of branding today: 58% of those surveyed say "we're in a time of revolutionary change when it comes to how powerful brands are created," whereas 42% express the opposite viewpoint, saying "the fundamentals haven't changed at all," according to a report by the Branding Forward Project.
Brand marketers are even more divided about the importance of consumer-generated content: 51% say such content is more relevant and effective than agency-generated ideas, whereas 49% question its superiority over agency content.
However, nearly all (73%) brand marketers agree the days of strong brands being characterized by consistency above all else were indeed over.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands
- Nine Criteria for an Ironclad Brand Strategy: Lindsay Pedersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance