Among a list of 12 social media success enablers, the ability to react and adapt quickly to change is ranked as the most important factor for succeeding in today's social media environment, according to a new survey from Booz & Company and Buddy Media Research.
Among surveyed Fortune 500 marketers, 94% cite the ability to adapt quickly to change as the most critical enabler of social media success, followed by having an in-house social media champion (93%), clearly communicated executive support (90%), a solid education on social media (90%), and a culture of experimentation (88%).
Applying an integrated approach to social marketing (86%) ranks sixth among success enablers, followed by the training staff who are unaccustomed to social media (83%), a strong PR capability (80%), unique content that's exclusive to audiences on various platforms (79%), and the ability to coordinate multiple service providers (62%).
Budgets and staffing rank lower among leading marketers: 53% cite having a dedicated social media budget as a key enabler of success, while 50% say having a senior-level company-wide head of social media is critical.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns