Social Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Snapchat Intros Live Video; Facebook Courts Creators: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSnapchat's live video (but don't get excited), e-commerce store, and rising stock; access to Facebook Watch opens up; brand winners and losers of Super Bowl LII; Instagram's new carousel ad ...
How Color Impacts Fashion Brands' Instagram EngagementAyaz NanjiDo images from fashion brands that feature certain colors tend to garner more engagement on Instagram? To find out, Corra examined more than 200,000 images posted to Instagram by 200 ...
10 Steps to Launch a Successful Social Media Marketing CampaignSEMrush [Sponsored Content]Don't be fooled by viral social campaigns: They look deceptively simple, but successful social campaigns require thought and strategy. Check out these simple steps to build effective social campaigns.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Loses Users for First Time Ever; Twitter Preps Snapchat Feature: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriHow and why Facebook (willingly) lost users for the first time ever; Twitter's Snapchat-like video feature; Instagram post-scheduling, maybe video-calling; Facebook, Google fight over news; Facebook Lead Ads; WhatsApp's massive ...
Mobile Marketing: 2018 Statistics and Tips for Small Businesses [Infographic]Laura ForerMobile marketing means more than just having a mobile-friendly website—although that's an important place to start. This infographic offers seven tips to boost your mobile strategy and give your users ...
Six Pitfalls to Avoid in Your Next Experiential Marketing Campaign [Infographic]Laura ForerLive marketing experiences can be effective in giving your customers memorable and relevant experiences—but only when they are done right. Check out these six things not to do next time ...
#SocialSkim: One Social App to Replace the Rest; Snapchat Allows Sharing: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriWhy miniprograms will replace apps and change social media; Snapchat to make its content shareable; new app v2 from Vine's founders; Yahoo's social media app for saving money; Snapchat improves ...
Do Consumers Want Businesses to Take Political and Social Stands?Ayaz NanjiMost US consumers say it is important for businesses to take a stand on social/political issues, but most also say corporate activism should happen only around certain causes and on ...
#SocialSkim: Coping With Facebook Changes; WhatsApp Business App Launched: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriYour social strategy in the wake of Facebook's big algorithm change; WhatsApp launches its business app; Snapchat users unhappy with redesign; Facebook's plans to become more local & declutter Messenger; ...
Marketing Tips for Livestreaming on Social Media [Infographic]Laura ForerMore and more social platforms are allowing livestreaming video because customers seem to prefer it to text posts. Which is why marketers should explore this engaging medium. See the infographic ...
Social Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Why Your Business (Still) Needs to Be on Twitter: 'The Tao of Twitter' Author Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and best-selling author Mark Schaefer discusses the revised edition of his book The Tao of Twitter and explains why your company needs to be using Twitter for marketing.
Facebook Advertising (Yes, for B2B, Too): Peter Reitano and Jeff Goldenberg of Abacus on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJeff Goldenberg and Peter Reitano, co-founders of the Facebook-first performance marketing agency Abacus, share insights on Facebook advertising and the future of agency marketing.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
B2B Industry Trends: Marketing Smarts From the MarketingProfs B2B Forum in Boston [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpeakers and B2B marketers stopped by to chat with Marketing Smarts host Kerry O'Shea Gorgone in Boston at the MarketingProfs B2B Forum. All guests discuss three things: what they want to master in 2017, their favorite social network for B2B ...
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Big Heart, Small Budget: Social Media for Nonprofits and Small Businesses: M. Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial media expert and networking powerhouse M. Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez lays out her strategy for helping nonprofits and small businesses achieve social media success.
How 'Dolphin Tale' Brought 800,000 Visitors a Year to Clearwater Marine Aquarium: CMO Bill Potts on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow can you use stories to garner support for a cause or organization? Here's a story that inspired the movie Dolphin Tale and saved Clearwater Marine Aquarium from financial disaster, as told by its CMO, Bill Potts.
What Is Growth Hacking, Really? Jeff Bullas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGlobal digital marketing influencer, strategist, and blogger Jeff Bullas offers up the secret to "growth hacking" and explains why it's valuable for big brands and smaller businesses alike.
Insights From Ford Motor Company on Influencer Marketing, Content & More: J T. Ramsay on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's digital media manager, J T. Ramsay, discusses Ford's influencer outreach, brand ambassador program, content marketing, and more.
How B2B Brands Can Rock Social: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Eric T. Tung on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B Marketing Forum speaker Eric T. Tung discusses social media for B2B organizations, including why executives need to join their employees in the social space.
Social Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Predictive Analytics for Social Media MarketersBroadcast on 2/15/2018 with Christopher PennIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to extract social media data from common applications such as social platforms, Google Analytics, and social monitoring tools. You'll then discover how to use state-of-the-art techniques to analyze and predict what to do next for your organization's success.
- MarketingProfs University: Naked Mole Rats, Fluffy Hamsters, and the Universal AlgorithmBroadcast on 8/4/2016 with Ian LurieIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to target the human algorithm in online marketing—otherwise known as our "distance from perfect." You'll learn how to stop chasing elusive goals, and instead focus on the more predictable, reliable needs of humans operating online. You'll come away with the tools to respond to big algorithm changes that don't rely on guesswork.
- Dominate LinkedIn: Connect and Engage With Your ProspectsBroadcast on 7/28/2016 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to leverage LinkedIn's "hidden" features to connect and engage with your ideal prospects, and ultimately close more sales. You'll learn how to identify your best leads, communication strategies that convert, and what LinkedIn tools will help seal the deal.
- Social Media and SEO: Tips for Successful IntegrationBroadcast on 10/29/2015 with Cynthia JohnsonDuring this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to integrate social media into your digital marketing efforts and make it work for your SEO strategy. You'll learn which KPIs you should focus on the most and tactics to track and measure your efforts. We'll also discuss the important factors to take into account when applying these principles to mobile.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
Social Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Steps to Start Your Own Word-of-Mouth Marketing CampaignReleased on 12/16/2016 with Mack CollierIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three necessary steps to get your word-of-mouth marketing campaign off the ground before you put it into action. You'll leave understanding the differences between fans and influencers, and the benefits of each, so you can identify which one will help you best achieve your campaign objectives.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Word-of-Mouth Marketing Campaign Into ActionReleased on 12/16/2016 with Mack CollierIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the key questions you need to answer, how to measure your results, and the ethical issues behind WOMM. You'll leave with the tools to ensure your word-of-mouth marketing campaign hits it out of the park every time.
- Take 10: Eight Ways to Improve Your Instagram PresenceReleased on 10/28/2016 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll share eight ways you can optimize Instagram to gain new followers and market your business on this ever-growing image-sharing network. You'll learn how to take high-quality photos, use hashtags effectively, conduct advertising campaigns, and more. You'll walk away with a thorough understanding of how to make Instagram an effective part of your online marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Use LinkedIn's Newest Features to Boost Your ProfileReleased on 6/26/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn just 10 minutes, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will share how you can start using LinkedIn's newest features to boost the effectiveness of your profile. You'll learn how to create a custom hero image to help define your business and how to add media to increase your credibility and add life to your profile. Plus, you'll walk away with tips on using Publisher and the new keyword feature to attract more leads.
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: Strategic Resources to Better Manage Your Social MarketingReleased on 1/23/2015 with Guy PowellIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to overcome common social marketing challenges (such as not having enough time, budget, or staff) and provide you with key dashboard dimensions, including how to set up specific improvement objectives and how to track your progress to improve your social marketing efforts.
Social Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 61-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.