The Girl Scouts of the USA, Best Friends Animal Society, Stand Up to Cancer, American Red Cross, and Goodwill are among the top nonprofit brands within their respective categories, according to the Harris Poll Non-Profit EquiTrend brand-equity tracking study that measures and compares the health of some 87 nonprofit brands.
The Harris Interactive study measures the health of nonprofits across seven categories: Youth Interest, Animal Welfare, Health, Social Service, Disability, International Aid, and Environmental.
The Girl Scouts organization, which turns 100 this year, is the top youth-focused nonprofit brand of year, according to Harris. The brand is also the second most familiar nonprofit organization overall, just behind the American Red Cross.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Zealous Campaigning for Zero Cancer: Colony Brown of ZERO on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Increasing Awareness (and Research Money) to Decrease Cancer: Ben Kaplan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Social Media Best-Practices for Nonprofits (And Mistakes to Avoid)
- How 'Dolphin Tale' Brought 800,000 Visitors a Year to Clearwater Marine Aquarium: CMO Bill Potts on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Branding, Philanthropy, and Open Hearts: Actress Jane Seymour on Marketing Smarts [Video]