Among surveyed consumers worldwide, "recommendations from people I know," or personal recommendations, garner the highest trust ranking with 92% of consumers trusting this source completely or somewhat.
By contrast, mobile ads—both in display (33%) and text format (29%)—are the least trusted format of paid advertising. However, other digital formats such as banner ads (33%), and those served via social networks (36%), don't fare much better.
People place more trust in "owned" media such as branded websites (58%) and permission-based email (50%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]