Among surveyed consumers worldwide, "recommendations from people I know," or personal recommendations, garner the highest trust ranking with 92% of consumers trusting this source completely or somewhat.
By contrast, mobile ads—both in display (33%) and text format (29%)—are the least trusted format of paid advertising. However, other digital formats such as banner ads (33%), and those served via social networks (36%), don't fare much better.
People place more trust in "owned" media such as branded websites (58%) and permission-based email (50%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Memorable Ad Jingles: Can Consumers Recall Classic Commercial Tunes?
- Holiday Marketing in October? Why Ad Campaigns Should Start Early [Infographic]
- Google Ads Mobile Benchmarks for 18 Industries [Infographic]
- 2018 Digital Advertising Trends: Which Predictions Came True [Infographic]
- The Psychology of Advertising: Thinking vs. Feeling [Infographic]