Google Sites was the top-ranked Web property in September 2012, attracting some 187 million visitors, followed by Microsoft Sites with 167 million, Yahoo Sites with 164 million and Facebook with 150 million, according to data from the comScore Media Metrix service.
Pinterest made its debut appearance on the top 50 chart at No. 50, surpassing 25 million visitors for the first time. ESPN climbed six spots in the ranking, to No. 23 recording a 24% spike in traffic during the month.
Other social media sites held spots on the top-50 list. LinkedIn ranked at No. 26 with 39.6 million visitors in September, Twitter at No. 27 with 36.8 million, Instragram at No. 44 with 26.2 million, and MySpace at No. 47 with 26.0 million visitors.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Overlooked B2B Optimization Opportunities to Boost Your Website
- The 5Ws of Experience-Driven Commerce [Infographic]
- What Converts? Web Landing Page Benchmarks and Trends [Infographic]
- Google Site Search Is Going Away: Three Questions to Ask Before You Replace It
- Five Ways to Keep Your Website Relevant in 2018