Social networks overall have a growing and pervasive influence on the information technology (IT) purchasing process, despite the multiplicity of digital channels available to IT decision makers (ITDMs), according to studies from Forrester Consulting and Research Now, both commissioned by LinkedIn.
Moreover, LinkedIn has become an influential resource across the entire IT decision-making process, the research found.
To better understand how ITDMs are making purchasing decisions in an environment of information overload, LinkedIn commissioned a Forrester Consulting study titled "IT Purchasing Goes Social" and a ResearchNow study titled "IT Decision Makers Turn to LinkedIn." Both studies polled ITDMs across a diverse range of industries in North America.
Below, selected findings from those studies, as issued by LinkedIn.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]