Only a small number of companies are known for continually producing fresh thinking, and fewer still engage multiple business divisions from within the company to develop innovative ideas, according to a new study conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit for Oracle.
For instance, only 19% of surveyed senior executives worldwide say their information technology (IT) teams are involved in bringing innovative ideas to market.
Senior executives are far more likely to cite product development (47%), marketing (45%), and research and development (44%) as the teams involved in bringing innovative ideas to market.
One in four (25%) senior executives say sales teams are involved in cultivating innovation within the organization, while 24% say customer service teams are involved in such efforts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Understanding Modern Marketing: Marketing's Evolution and Digital's Impact
- The How and Why of Experiential Marketing: 7 Tips to Do It Right
- The Digital Marketer's Omnichannel Struggle Is Real [Infographic]
- Interactive Content and the Future of Live TV
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital Marketing Influencers