Only a small number of companies are known for continually producing fresh thinking, and fewer still engage multiple business divisions from within the company to develop innovative ideas, according to a new study conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit for Oracle.
For instance, only 19% of surveyed senior executives worldwide say their information technology (IT) teams are involved in bringing innovative ideas to market.
Senior executives are far more likely to cite product development (47%), marketing (45%), and research and development (44%) as the teams involved in bringing innovative ideas to market.
One in four (25%) senior executives say sales teams are involved in cultivating innovation within the organization, while 24% say customer service teams are involved in such efforts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons E-Commerce Businesses Should Consider Blockchain [Infographic]
- Four Considerations Before Investing in AI for Marketing
- Eight Growth-Marketing Lessons From WeWork's Rapid Rise (And Its Imminent Global Domination)
- How to Use Product-Market Fit to Drive Business Growth
- Budgets, Channels, and Technologies: Stats About Marketing Today [Infographic]