Bolstered by Internet advertising—particularly social media and online video—global ad spend growth is forecast to strengthen over the next three years, rising from an estimated 3.3% year-over-year (YOY) growth in 2012, to 4.1% growth in 2013 and 5.6% growth in 2015, according to projections by ZenithOptimedia.
Internet ad spending is forecast to grow 14.6% YOY in 2013, while traditional media is on track to grow 1.7%.
Moreover, Internet ad spending is projected to overtake newspapers—for the first time—in 2013, and then exceed the combined total of newspaper and magazine advertising in 2015.
"Advertisers are willing to increase their budgets wherever they can achieve a strong return on investment," said Steve King, global chief executive officer for ZenithOptimedia Group. "This means that developing markets, social media, and online video are all growing rapidly, supporting continued expansion in global ad expenditure despite stagnation in the eurozone."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]