Social media still accounts for less than 5% of total leads to B2B websites, according to Optify's 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report. Among social media, Twitter is the primary driver of leads, outperforming both LinkedIn and Facebook.
Not surprisingly, organic search is the No. 1 driver of traffic to B2B websites, accounting for 41.00% of the total in 2012, followed by direct traffic (40.00%) and referrals (11.50%). Social media accounted for 1.90% of total traffic to B2B websites in 2012.
Google was the most important referring source of traffic to B2B websites in 2012, accounting for 88.21% of all organic searches (vs. 5.84% from Bing) and 36.07% of total traffic (vs. 2.34% for Bing).
Below, additional findings from Optify's 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]