Social media still accounts for less than 5% of total leads to B2B websites, according to Optify's 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report. Among social media, Twitter is the primary driver of leads, outperforming both LinkedIn and Facebook.
Not surprisingly, organic search is the No. 1 driver of traffic to B2B websites, accounting for 41.00% of the total in 2012, followed by direct traffic (40.00%) and referrals (11.50%). Social media accounted for 1.90% of total traffic to B2B websites in 2012.
Google was the most important referring source of traffic to B2B websites in 2012, accounting for 88.21% of all organic searches (vs. 5.84% from Bing) and 36.07% of total traffic (vs. 2.34% for Bing).
Below, additional findings from Optify's 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Events in a Post-Pandemic World: Opportunities for Innovation
- Digital Transformation During COVID-19: How Can Marketers Lead the Way?
- What B2B Buyers Want From Tech Vendors Right Now
- Five Ways to Keep Marketing Even If Your Marketing Budget Is Quarantined
- B2B Decision-Maker Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Marketing, Buying, and Sales