Though 59% of national brand marketers say local marketing is essential to their business growth and profitability, only 7% say they have highly evolved campaigns in place—complete with measurements and analytics—that can activate consumers at a local level, according to a report by the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council in partnership with Balihoo.
One-third (36%) of national brand marketers say they are developing their campaigns and strategies to activate local audiences, and 29% have reasonably effective programs in place to do so:
Dissatisfied with the effectiveness of their local channels and field sales partners, many national brands are banking on new digital media channels to boost local marketing efforts, the study found. However, most still question the impact and value of mobile investments.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Understanding Modern Marketing: Marketing's Evolution and Digital's Impact
- The How and Why of Experiential Marketing: 7 Tips to Do It Right
- The Digital Marketer's Omnichannel Struggle Is Real [Infographic]
- Interactive Content and the Future of Live TV
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital Marketing Influencers