Most digital news consumers find news information from Web-native sources such as The Huffington Post and Yahoo, but they rely on more traditional news outlets such as the New York Times and CNN for breaking news stories and for news consumed via mobile devices, according to a report by The New York Times's Customer Insight Group.
News consumers are also loyal to their favorite news brands acoss multiple platforms, the report found.
Despite the multitude of options available to digital news consumers, more than two-thirds (67%) say they are loyal to the same news brands across various digital platforms.
Moreover, mobile news consumers are even more loyal: 75% of digital consumers who access news via smartphone and tablet say they are loyal to the same brands across various platforms, compared with 64% of those who consume news via PC only.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Consumers Discover New Retail Brands
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]