There's a new thinker in town, and its name is Wolfram Alpha. Considered a "computational knowledge engine" (that is, it figures out answers to questions), Wolfram Alpha can handle some complex searches. It's quite different from how Google functions, according to this Mashable article.
Google, as we all know, searches for the answers we're looking for, whereas Wolfram Alpha is able to compute specific queries and calculations (e.g., GDP of the USA) to give you the exact answer that you're looking for.
Technology continues to evolve, allowing us to think less and less for ourselves. But at what expense?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Top 4 Impactful SEO Trends Today
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying Attention?
- Don't Let Your CMS Migration Go South: SEO and Related Considerations
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different