What grade would your CEO give your marketing organization for its ability to demonstrate its impact on the business?
For more than a decade, we at VisionEdge Marketing have been examining that question and asking what it takes to make the grade. Over the years, our annual study has provided insight into what marketers do better and differently. The marketers receiving a grade of 90 or higher on a 100-point scale have been classified as "A" marketers.
This year, VEM partnered with ITSMA for its annual survey, and more than 400 business executives and marketers participated in the 2012 Marketing Performance Management Study. In addition to best-practices identified over the years, new ones emerged.
Today's "A" marketers demonstrate six best-practice competencies: alignment, accountability, analytics, automation, alliances, and assessment. We call these the Six A's of Marketing Performance Management.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Navigating Your (Marketing) Future With a Digital Map: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Department Roles and Salaries [Infographic]
- Event Planning: What You Need to Know [Infographic]
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers