This week was full of surprises. Get the lowdown on Apple's big announcements (and what matters most to marketers). Check out Chirpify, which lets you take payments on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Speaking of... is Instagram as hot as Vine is on Twitter? And find out what time to tweet suits YOUR followers best. Skim for flying kisses (really... See the Burberry/Google collab!).
Time to redesign your smartphone app. Apple made several announcements concerning the new iOS7, iTunes Radio (a Pandora and Spotify competitor), Mac Pro, and Macbook Air (among other things). Read a sum-up. The new iOS7 design for iPhone by Apple design guru Jony Ives was the most controversial: See why some don't like it and why others think it's a necessary step for Ives (and Apple). To understand how dramatic the interface change is, check out Jony Ives Redesigns Things, a tongue-in-cheek Tumblr that uses comparison to highlight the new look's more jarring aspects. (There's also a Tumblr of designers complaining.)
"Intention," Apple's artful design manifesto, still managed to circulate the 'net for nicer reasons than the actual design did:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencer Partnerships: How to Navigate Influencer Usage Rights and Repurpose Content
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]