Every day, emails battle fiercely for attention. Some emails will win by being opened and having a call to action followed. Others will be deleted before they even had a chance.
On the battlefield known as the inbox, emails from all categories compete with one another. Which types of emails win the battle most?
Using its competitive intelligence tool, Inbox Insight, Return Path analyzed billions of messages sent to its panel of 3 million email users from May through June 2013. It then used the findings to create the following infographic.
According to Return path's analysis, email subscribers receive an average of 416 commercial emails a month. Daily deals, social networks, dating, and retail emails are the categories filling inboxes the most.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?