Getting involved in a social network can be intimidating when you don't know the platform's etiquette. With its own lingo, acronyms, and hashtags, a social network might seem more complicated than it actually is.
But many of the rules in social media are the same ones taught in kindergarten, and here are a few to keep in mind.
Be yourself. To quote Oscar Wilde, "be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Being yourself doesn't mean being self-absorbed but being true to who you are.
Love data? Proclaim that love. Obsessed with email marketing? Embrace the email marketer you are. If you're a desperately unhip, small-business owner who cares about Big Data, be that online, too. Don't force pop-culture references in your comments or pretend to understand what you don't know.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns