Getting involved in a social network can be intimidating when you don't know the platform's etiquette. With its own lingo, acronyms, and hashtags, a social network might seem more complicated than it actually is.
But many of the rules in social media are the same ones taught in kindergarten, and here are a few to keep in mind.
Be yourself. To quote Oscar Wilde, "be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Being yourself doesn't mean being self-absorbed but being true to who you are.
Love data? Proclaim that love. Obsessed with email marketing? Embrace the email marketer you are. If you're a desperately unhip, small-business owner who cares about Big Data, be that online, too. Don't force pop-culture references in your comments or pretend to understand what you don't know.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things