It was a rough week for the Philippines, but also a period of immense generosity on social networks. Find out how people supported typhoon aid. You'll also read feedback from the first official Instagram ad, how to tell embeddable stories with Tweets, what color gets the most Instagram love, and which platform is growing fastest for online content sharing. Skim to share the love!
Get your pre-flight boogie on. Virgin's given a musical update to the boring pre-flight message about seatbelts and oxygen masks that you're obligated to hear on planes. Its "Safety Dance" clocked over 6 million views and is a powerful testament to how brands can stand apart by jazzing up necessary evils that everyone tends to overlook. Ann Handley adds four things you can learn from Virgin.
You're just funner as a cartoon. Facebook app Bitstrips has generated over 1 million new users in less than a week and now claims 11 million users. The app lets you create super-realistic comic book versions of yourself and insert them in different scenarios—enabling you to share daily updates on Facebook in an entertaining new way. Not everyone is nuts about it, but we still love it.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things