If you work at a small business, you might consider establishing a presence on the popular Yelp review site.
Small businesses that took advantage of Yelp business accounts recorded increases in annual revenue, according to a Boston Consulting Group survey.
The average increase in annual revenue for small businesses with Yelp accounts was $8,000, and $23,000 was the average increase in annual revenue for small businesses that paid to advertise on Yelp.
Moreover, 90% of Yelp users say positive reviews influence their buying choices, so you may be missing out on business if you're avoiding Yelp.
Despite the benefits of actively using Yelp, however, 87% of small businesses don't, and 22% of small businesses with Yelp pages never even look at their pages. Accordingly, a small business that is active on Yelp can seize a competitive advantage.
To find out more about the benefits of having a Yelp presence and to learn what consumers are searching for on Yelp, check out the following infographic by Merchant Warehouse:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing