When gearing up for the new year, marketers should reflect on marketing trends and events from 2013 that may help them to prepare for 2014.
One major marketing trend was multiplatform content: Some 54% of American consumers are now on more than one content platform, such as desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Content marketing also boomed in 2013: 90% of B2C and 93% of B2B marketers used content marketing this year, compared with last year's 85%.
Another area of growth was in mobile. Mobile commerce spending increased from $.06 billion in the second quarter of 2010 to $4.7 billion in the second quarter of 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketers and Retailers, Want to Survive the Holiday Season? Implement AI.
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- Two Great Tactics That Work Great Together, B2B Social Selling and ABM: LinkedIn's Ty Heath on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- CDPs, DMPs, CRMs... Oh My! Which Data Solution Is Right for You? (A Guide for Marketers)