It's a new year, filled with promise (and some fresh digital elbow-rubbing)! Learn about Facebook's tentative plans for building Pages via mobile, check whether your Snapchat got hacked... and find out how to share your Instagram 2013 highlights with the world. It's all a skim away.
Even Santa needs a boost. Google generated buzz aplenty for Helpouts with this video featuring a very convincing Santa who uses the service for pre-Christmas emergencies. Helpouts lets you contract people to teach you things in real time, making it a great resource for people who need to learn to sew a button on the fly, as well as for people with plenty of odd skills to teach. We mention it here for two reasons: The video racked up 6 million views with its infectious holiday storytelling and clever value-add; but it's also a great potential resource for building thought leadership status or improving customer relationship management. How can your brand lend a hand... live?
How glad tidings spread across Twitter. Twitter's put together an interactive visualization of how "Happy New Year" spread across the world over the course of New Year's Day. You can click on each language to view the tweets referenced. The takeaway: in 2014, think data as entertainment; prioritize its design; watch the magic spread.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]