Find out how the FCC is giving big content providers a boost in online load speeds (and giving up on Net Neutrality?). Learn about Facebook's latest ad platform updates and LinkedIn's latest attempt to seduce brands into publishing... and see what viral video spread a zealous backlash to Dove's "True Beauty" campaign. Skim to stay sharp.
Happy 9th birthday, YouTube! New Media Rockstars fêtes YouTube's 9th year with the most memorable videos from each year it's existed. Our favorite is this "trailer" for "Shining" (below), which recasts "The Shining" as a lighthearted family film. 2014's most memorable video was April's Super Vine Compilation, reminding us how much online video's evolved (format-wise, anyway).
Watch for placebos. This month, Dove released "Patches," the latest in its Real Beauty campaign. In it, women are convinced to join a "scientific" study for a new product, a patch that promises to make you more beautiful, only to discover that the patch contains nothing. The video's been shared 20 million times:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?