Find out how the FCC is giving big content providers a boost in online load speeds (and giving up on Net Neutrality?). Learn about Facebook's latest ad platform updates and LinkedIn's latest attempt to seduce brands into publishing... and see what viral video spread a zealous backlash to Dove's "True Beauty" campaign. Skim to stay sharp.
Happy 9th birthday, YouTube! New Media Rockstars fêtes YouTube's 9th year with the most memorable videos from each year it's existed. Our favorite is this "trailer" for "Shining" (below), which recasts "The Shining" as a lighthearted family film. 2014's most memorable video was April's Super Vine Compilation, reminding us how much online video's evolved (format-wise, anyway).
Watch for placebos. This month, Dove released "Patches," the latest in its Real Beauty campaign. In it, women are convinced to join a "scientific" study for a new product, a patch that promises to make you more beautiful, only to discover that the patch contains nothing. The video's been shared 20 million times:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]