Learn what branded vids won mothers' hearts, which topics engage most on Twitter and Facebook (and how to take advantage of them), what's new with social platforms, and how one brand used a compulsive (and sometimes annoying) Instagram trend to boost its own renown. It's all a hop, a skip, and a skim away!
The world's toughest job. Just in time for Mother's Day, Card Store's "World's Toughest Job" topped the viral charts with over 20 million views. The video depicts people interviewing for what appears to be the toughest—if not most unreasonable—job in all the universe. Wait for the twist! (We're sure you can guess what it is.) P&G's emotional, production-rich "Thank You Mom" came in second. Share one with your nearest matriarch for bonus points.
Will Insta for food. Frozen veggie brand Birds Eye took advantage of an Instagram trend—the shooting and sharing of food—to give foodies an incentive to share its goodies. UK-based users can visit its pop-up store, The Picture House, to try two of its newest dishes. They're encouraged to share shots on Instagram: Dinner includes a tutorial from Marie Marte, an Instagram food photographer extraordinaire. Best of all? Once you've Instagrammed dinner, you get it for free.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)