You put so much work into your awesome content that you expect it to go viral as soon as it hits the Internet. But after you publish it, no one seems to care...
So, why isn't your brilliant content catching fire? For five likely reasons, according to an infographic by WhoIsHostingThis.
One reason is the lack of emotional appeal. Content that arouses curiosity, amazement, astonishment, uncertainty, humor, and admiration has a greater chance of going viral. Negative emotions do not inspire sharing, however.
Bad timing can also affect whether your content goes viral. For example, weekends are not the best time for sharing content. "Find the days and times when your content is most in-demand," suggests WhoIsHostingThis.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Effective Video Testimonials That Inspire Action: Storytelling Summit Speaker Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Steps to Building Trust With Thought Leadership
- Brand Video Benchmarks: Length and Engagement Trends
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand