The phrase "latest innovation" is almost a misnomer in the automotive space. By the time a new feature is announced, it's already years behind what tech giants like Apple and Google are doing.
The best-case scenario is having new tech in cars a year after everyone else, but more often than not the lag is several years, not several months.
The thing is, it doesn't have to be this way. If automakers just separated tech integration from the rest of the production cycle, they could quickly incorporate the latest innovations (as well as consumer desire).
To help plot an accelerated course, we at Chaotic Moon Studios http://chaoticmoon.com/ partnered with writers from Wired, Fast Company, and ReadWrite to create a series of articles that show those in the auto industry how they can catch up and perhaps even pull head.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns