What's Ello, anyway? Get its story. We also found the first-ever Brand Vine chart (Top 10 Vines fo the week). And we look at how brands responded to the iPhone 6 bending (yes, that was a thing) and how the dramatic vampire series Twilight may live on... via Facebook. Skim to boost your social smarts!
Transforming service into stories. This week KLM owned the video charts with its new Lost & Found service. In the video, an adorable dog sniffs objects forgotten on planes, then races into Schiphol airport to find their rightful owners. We love this example of transforming a service into an opportunity for people to fall in love with the brand all over again. 10 million views and counting.
They call me mellow Ello. What the heck is Ello, the supposed new Facebook-killer? It's a super-private, invitation-only social network that promises not to advertise to you or mine or sell your data. It launched in April to a small group of artists and designers, but since news that LGBTQ users were leaving Facebook in droves on account of its real-name policy (which could endanger some users), the network's exploded—to the tune of 31,000 new users an hour since last week. Consider it a reminder of how deeply users value their privacy.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media