Every week brings us fresh social surprises. This week, we'll show you the latest offerings and campaigns from Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram; a gorgeous kickoff video for the launch of BBC music; and a bevy of tools to help you create social media images with ease. Skim to slide happily into the weekend!
God only knows how catchy this is. BBC Music launched with a cover of The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows," featuring a group it calls the "Impossible Orchestra": Everyone from Pharrell Williams to violinist Nicola Benedetti and Elton John are involved, not to mention the BBC's own concert orchestra. At just over 3 million views, it's rising fast in the viral video charts—likely because fans of each artist can't help but watch and share. Still, the pull you feel in your heartstrings is hard to resent: Far from feeling like a cheap celebrity shot, it's a proper romp into the fantasy world of music.
Because who doesn't miss Hogwarts? Author JK Rowling of the Harry Potter series started tweeting clues to an upcoming spin-off film, based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a textbook in Harry's magical world. The first clue was an anagram, often used in the Potter stories, and is shown below. The anagram's answer can be found here, along with a fuller description of Rowling's teaser tweets. How can you cultivate social engagement with creative play?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)