Find out how winter storm Juno affected the social sphere, what Twitter's got in store for video, Facebook's Oculus big-screen schemes, the skinny on Snapchat's Discover feature, and integrating a sales strategy into social. Skim to see what's coming.
A glimpse of the holographic future. Topping this week's Viral Video Charts: "Transform your world with holograms" from Microsoft Hololens, which shows, in ways both miraculous and galvanizing, how holograms can change the way we live, work, collaborate, and play. (We could do without the massive headgear, though.) On YouTube alone, the video's got 12.5 million shares and counting.
How brands weighed in on winter storm Juno. It wasn't the historic storm meteorologists predicted (and have since apologized for on Twitter), but the #blizzardof2015 still gave relevance-eager brands a chance to whip out their real-time best (and worst) on social media. Digiday's got a list of executions ranging from smart to servicey to stupid. When in doubt, shoot for practical and thoughtful service... not "Frozen"-themed weather reports. Brands helping out, especially on mobile, were the best-positioned, since mobile is the easiest way to convey practical and shareable information wherever your snow-logged users may be.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)