What exactly is real-time bidding (RTB)—and why should marketers care about it?
Real-time bidding lets website owners sell ad impressions through an advertising exchange platform.
"Each impression is sold as it becomes available in real time," states the following WhoIsHostingThis infographic. "The platform allows advertisers to automatically adjust their bids based on changing market conditions and allows for performance feedback."
RTB benefits agencies, advertisers, and publishers. Advertisers get more control over the performance of their campaigns and more targeted results for clients. Advertisers benefit from the narrowed targeting and lack of wasted impressions, and publishers receive "a much higher revenue on inventory since buyers maximize the value of impressions," states WhoIsHostingThis.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]