After 21 years on the Late Show stage, host David Letterman has announced his retirement, leaving behind years of laughter, a comedic legacy, and a valuable lesson for email marketers: When searching for success, have a killer opening act with a star subject line.
Just as Letterman's producers and writers work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure his opening act is a hit in front of the audience, marketers should take a similar course of action when creating star subject lines.
View an email campaign as you would the Late Show: The subject line is the opening act; it sets the stage for the entire show.
To ensure that your audience is hooked from the beginning, marketers should invest the appropriate time and resources into creating a powerful and compelling subject line.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond