After 21 years on the Late Show stage, host David Letterman has announced his retirement, leaving behind years of laughter, a comedic legacy, and a valuable lesson for email marketers: When searching for success, have a killer opening act with a star subject line.
Just as Letterman's producers and writers work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure his opening act is a hit in front of the audience, marketers should take a similar course of action when creating star subject lines.
View an email campaign as you would the Late Show: The subject line is the opening act; it sets the stage for the entire show.
To ensure that your audience is hooked from the beginning, marketers should invest the appropriate time and resources into creating a powerful and compelling subject line.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Keep Your Email Marketing Strategy Relevant to Millennials
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019