Get the latest on what makes M—the Facebook approach to Siri—different and worth trying. You'll also get an early glimpse of how Instagram ads are faring, how Snapchat's wooing back-to-schoolers, and how to conduct a results-bearing social media audit. Skim to stay in the know.
All About M
This week in the Bay Area, Facebook launched its virtual assistant M. Its pilot capabilities include making restaurant reservations, finding birthday gifts, and suggesting—then booking—vacations. Users must download Facebook's Messenger app to use it, but messaging products VP David Marcus hopes to compensate by making M more powerful than any other personal assistant app.
M differentiates itself from people-powered TaskRabbit and tech-powered Siri or Cortana (Apple and Microsoft products, respectively) because it's a hybrid between technology and employees (labeled "M trainers") who ensure every request is answered.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]