The Jeannette Expedition serves as a metaphor for this year's Marketing Performance Management (MPM) Benchmark study. After eight days of difficult progress, this US Arctic expedition was at the northernmost point of the entire journey... despite a steady march southward.
How—after so much effort to trek across the ice—had the group gone backwards?
It turned out the icepack they were traversing was drifting north faster than De Long's men were moving south.
That scenario reflects the state of marketing performance measurement progress for many marketers: Though marketers fervently forged ahead on their march to marketing excellence, the ground has shifted.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Six Agile Marketing Myths That Need to Die
- Four Tips for Hiring Accountable Team Members Who Actually Get Things Done
- The Payoff of the Partnership Between Marketing and Creative [Infographic]
- Navigating Your (Marketing) Future With a Digital Map: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Department Roles and Salaries [Infographic]