The Jeannette Expedition serves as a metaphor for this year's Marketing Performance Management (MPM) Benchmark study. After eight days of difficult progress, this US Arctic expedition was at the northernmost point of the entire journey... despite a steady march southward.
How—after so much effort to trek across the ice—had the group gone backwards?
It turned out the icepack they were traversing was drifting north faster than De Long's men were moving south.
That scenario reflects the state of marketing performance measurement progress for many marketers: Though marketers fervently forged ahead on their march to marketing excellence, the ground has shifted.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns
- Your Marketing Data Isn't Just for Insights: It's Worth Much More Than That
- 10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'
- The Digital Work Tools Marketers Can't Do Without