The Jeannette Expedition serves as a metaphor for this year's Marketing Performance Management (MPM) Benchmark study. After eight days of difficult progress, this US Arctic expedition was at the northernmost point of the entire journey... despite a steady march southward.
How—after so much effort to trek across the ice—had the group gone backwards?
It turned out the icepack they were traversing was drifting north faster than De Long's men were moving south.
That scenario reflects the state of marketing performance measurement progress for many marketers: Though marketers fervently forged ahead on their march to marketing excellence, the ground has shifted.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]