What do warring families, dragons, and great marketing have in common?
More than you might think.
You probably watch the TV show "Game of Thrones" for its gritty characters, political intrigue, and mind-bending plot twists.
But take a look at author George R.R. Martin—the man behind the curtain—and you'll find a philosophy that goes far beyond entertainment.
Martin isn't just a great storyteller. The way he approaches his work also has plenty of practical applications for growing one's business.
1. Understanding the Real Meaning of "Overnight Success"
To the casual fan, Martin came out of nowhere. Most viewers don't know he published the first book in the series way back in 1996.
His dramatic rise to the top makes for a great story. But it ignores the 40-year process that made it possible. Martin started writing professionally (and struggled for years) in 1971.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]