TV advertising represents 37%, or over $70 billion, in annual marketing spend in the US. However, despite all the analytical advancements made in other channels, TV advertising targeting and attribution seem to be stuck in the dark ages. Advertisers are still relying on Nielsen age and gender demographics for targeting and gross rating points for attribution.
The old methods of targeting and measurement, however, aren't even close to what we see in other channels, such as direct mail, and online video and display.
Enter addressable TV.
Simply put, addressable TV is the ability to show TV ads at the household level using analytical profiling and segmentation. It brings data-driven precision of digital advertising into the TV space.
Here are six reasons why addressable TV should be embraced:
1. You can target at the household level and eliminate waste
This level of granularity has never before been achieved in TV advertising. It significantly reduces waste by eliminating the population not in the market for your product or services.
Why show the right product to the wrong person?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]