If you're a business using Facebook, you've probably set up a fan page. Fan pages are specifically designed for businesses and brands that want to connect to customers and prospects on a large scale.
A fan page lets you grow as big as you want, send updates to an unlimited number of fans, and keep the focus on the organization without revealing the administrator behind the scenes.
But once you have your page set up, how do you maximize your fan base and get the most out of your page?
Some social-media gurus think that "old-school" marketing techniques have gone the way of the dinosaur and won't work on Facebook or other similar platforms. I disagree.
Yes, you have to nix the hardball language and deal with people on a more personal level, but common marketing methods can still give you an edge in social media, especially on Facebook. After all, good marketing isn't medium-specific. It's about clear, direct communication.
So let's look at how you can use some proven marketing techniques to take your page from wimpy to wow and start attracting more fans, encouraging more interaction, and getting more benefit from your Facebook fan page.
1. Advertise your page
Forget the "Build it and they will come" mantra. If you want people to know your Facebook fan page exists, you have to tell them.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things
- Influencer Marketing Strategy in 2020: What You Need to Know [2 Infographics]
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]