If you're a business using Facebook, you've probably set up a fan page. Fan pages are specifically designed for businesses and brands that want to connect to customers and prospects on a large scale.
A fan page lets you grow as big as you want, send updates to an unlimited number of fans, and keep the focus on the organization without revealing the administrator behind the scenes.
But once you have your page set up, how do you maximize your fan base and get the most out of your page?
Some social-media gurus think that "old-school" marketing techniques have gone the way of the dinosaur and won't work on Facebook or other similar platforms. I disagree.
Yes, you have to nix the hardball language and deal with people on a more personal level, but common marketing methods can still give you an edge in social media, especially on Facebook. After all, good marketing isn't medium-specific. It's about clear, direct communication.
So let's look at how you can use some proven marketing techniques to take your page from wimpy to wow and start attracting more fans, encouraging more interaction, and getting more benefit from your Facebook fan page.
1. Advertise your page
Forget the "Build it and they will come" mantra. If you want people to know your Facebook fan page exists, you have to tell them.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement