Mobile marketing changes so rapidly that virtually every day brings new developments, but some trends are here to stay, including mobile apps. ABI Research has predicted the revenue they generate would exceed $30 billion by the end of 2012—nearly double that of 2011.
To stay at the top of the game, you have to stay on top of such trends. So, without further ado, here are the four trends every mobile app marketer needs to be aware of in 2013 (and perhaps beyond).
1. Retargeting and Real-Time Bidding
Every successful mobile marketing campaign starts with successfully targeting those who will prove most beneficial to your company. Of course, inactive or dormant users add absolutely nothing to the campaign. Why reach out to someone who will likely never become a customer?
The recent introduction of Apple's Advertising Identifier will help the development of more sophisticated real-time bidding and retargeting technology, including the ability to specifically target inactive users in an effort to reengage them—making other marketers everywhere jealous in the process.
In addition, advertisers will be able to use real-time bidding to further improve their media buy and, consequently, campaign ROI. With real-time bidding, every online ad impression can be evaluated and transacted instantly.
Real-time bidding is truly a win-win for the mobile advertising industry, giving buyers more access and transparency while simultaneously giving sellers a market-driven fair price.
2. The Prevalence of Tracking
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Ways to Catapult Conversion for Mobile
- The Do's and Donâ€™ts of SMS Marketing [Infographic]
- The Time and Cost of Mobile Application Development [Infographic]
- How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]
- Why Your Company Needs a Chatbot (and How to Get One): Bot Academy Founder Andrew Warner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]