Why are businesses using text and mobile messaging marketing in 2023? How do people feel about SMS marketing?
Marketers and business owners say they're motivated to use SMS marketing for a wide range of reasons, including high levels of engagement from audiences (60.5% cite), higher open and clickthrough rates compared with other channels (53.5%), and efficiency for customer service and tech support (52.3%).
Some 81% of marketers and business owners who use SMS marketing say they've integrated it with other marketing channels/platforms, and most (91%) say they achieve higher conversion rates with marketing campaigns that include SMS.
Some 71% of consumers surveyed say they have subscribed to receive texts from at least one business in the past year.
Most (53%) people say they do not want to receive texts from a business more than every other week.
Some 30% of people say they check their notifications within one minute of receiving a text, and 50% say they check within five minutes.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,400 consumers, business owners, and digital marketers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show