Video can be key to conversions and sales, a recent study confirms. For email marketers, using video should be a no-brainer, but the email-video combo still feels like a rare pairing. Only 25% of marketers surveyed last year reported that they used video in their marketing, and a quick look at my own inbox supports that statistic.
But the emails with video are the ones that I (and many others) find most memorable, so why aren't more marketers using them?
If you've been at this marketing thing for a while, you know that video and email were tough to combine: You had to find a place to host the video, and you had to create a custom thumbnail to include in your email. But with the accessibility of YouTube, the dawn of HTML5, and the rise of mobile email opens, all of that is changing.
It's now much easier for email marketers to show off their brand and provide a ton of value with video content.
Here are four ways to make video plus email a winning combination.
1. Teach your audience
Most of us are visual learners. That may be why Mario Batali incorporates video in email to teach subscribers different cooking techniques. It's simply more engaging and effective than a step-by-step list of instructions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond