Of the markers surveyed who are not using video in their email campaigns, 25% say they are "very likely" to do so soon and 55% say they are "somewhat likely." Just 20% say they have no plans to include video in future campaigns.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from two surveys of marketers and an analysis of client data by Email Monks.
Email Client Support
- 58% of all users are now able to see HTML5 video in their emails—meaning that the video actually plays directly in the email client/browser.
- Most of remaining 42% see a fallback image that they must click on in order to launch a video player.
- Of those who can see the videos play in the email client/browser, the majority are using iOS devices.
Successful Types of Videos
- 29% of marketers who currently use video in email campaigns say training courses are the most effective type of content.
- 22% say product demos are most effective and 19% believe product promotions work best.
For more findings from the study, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from three sources: A survey by Relevancy Group of 266 marketing executives; a survey by Get Response of 200 global SMB email marketers; and an analysis of email client video compatibility by Email Monks and Email on Acid.
Continue reading "Video in Marketing Emails: Trends and Benchmarks [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- How to Create a Powerful Email Marketing Funnel [Infographic]
- Seven Marketing Automation Campaigns That Should Get You Promoted
- Keep It Real: How to Not Over-Automate Email Sequences
- Four Tactics to Refresh Your 2021 Email Marketing Strategy