Only a quarter of marketers include videos in their email campaigns, though that proportion is likely to change in the near future, according to a recent study by Email Monks.
Of the markers surveyed who are not using video in their email campaigns, 25% say they are "very likely" to do so soon and 55% say they are "somewhat likely." Just 20% say they have no plans to include video in future campaigns.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from two surveys of marketers and an analysis of client data by Email Monks.
Email Client Support
- 58% of all users are now able to see HTML5 video in their emails—meaning that the video actually plays directly in the email client/browser.
- Most of remaining 42% see a fallback image that they must click on in order to launch a video player.
- Of those who can see the videos play in the email client/browser, the majority are using iOS devices.
Successful Types of Videos
- 29% of marketers who currently use video in email campaigns say training courses are the most effective type of content.
- 22% say product demos are most effective and 19% believe product promotions work best.
For more findings from the study, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from three sources: A survey by Relevancy Group of 266 marketing executives; a survey by Get Response of 200 global SMB email marketers; and an analysis of email client video compatibility by Email Monks and Email on Acid.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Email Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- The 10 Most Popular Email Greetings and Sign-Offs [Infographic]
- What the Email Marketing Funnel Looks Like [Infographic]
- How Much Harder Has Email Marketing Become?
- Nine Email Marketing Tips for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- 10 Email A/B Testing Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Realign Your Email Marketing to Your Overall Business Goals in 2023